I have been experiencing some turbulence in my relationships with people who, I think, have not been too sensitive to me.
But I’m not going to wear my heart on my sleeve here.
Just a piece of my mind about how the experience
has brought me into some level of understanding.
Like most of the people I met and meeting,
I used to respond to situations, mostly with my feelings.
I assembled my emotional life around the behavior of other people towards me, which empowered them to be more in control of my life. When someone stepped on my toe, I would instantly mutter vindictively, cuss that careless passerby and throw a venomous tiger look. When someone lied to me, I told him to go to hell, so he could bring the devil a walking turd. When someone said I looked horrible, I told her she looked like a hag. When someone commented I am too fat, I told her, you are the richest woman walking on earth with no amount of water in your body as you face like a dried bark. When someone breaks my heart, I also smashed his/hers. But when someone gave me a piece of bread, I gave them something to drink. When someone say I looked good, I respond with a similar flattery. When someone made me laugh, I exerted effort to make the person happier. Remember my treatment towards you will be the result of how you treated me. Mirror reflects the same image just so you know.
I write a poem that makes the world see, a woven thread wherein hearts can be free. I write a poem that older folks feel, echoes of wisdom, truth that is real. I write a poem that the youngsters think, a spark of imagination, a vibrant ink. I write a poem that made the world known, in verses and stanzas, our stories are sown. I write a poem that makes the world blue, a reflection of sorrow, a true glance. I write a poem that makes the older folks cry, for memories cherished and moments gone by. I write a poem that makes youngsters mourn, for dreams that have faded and hopes that are torn. I write a poem to make the world healed, with love as the balm and compassion revealed. I write a poem to make the world smile, a gentle reminder to pause for a while. I write a poem to make the older hope, a bridge to the future, a way to cope. I write a poem to mak...
