Mother, I hope heaven is open so you can hear this;
From my heart, this is written;
The dawn is breaking, but the silence in my room remains.
From my heart, this is written;
The dawn is breaking, but the silence in my room remains.
If the universe gave me just one wish tonight,
I wouldn't ask for wealth, or fame, or more success.
I would only ask a single minute to talk to you.
I want to tell you that the little girl you broke your back for,
The one you sacrificed your youth and strength to put through school,
FINALLY MADE IT!
Because of your relentless hard work,
I am a successful woman now.
Every milestone I reach,
Every comfort I enjoy,
Is a direct harvest of the seeds you planted in tears.
I am so deeply, endlessly thankful for everything,
You did to make me who I am.
But success feels empty when I can't share it with you.
So, until we meet again,
My heart will keep reaching out into the quiet hours,
Forever wishing I could just feel like I'm talking to you.
So, until we meet again,
My heart will keep reaching out into the quiet hours,
Forever wishing I could just feel like I'm talking to you.
Nanay, can you see me from where you are? 😔