We have been programmed to be the way we are since
childhood; most of us develop annoying habits and behaviors; it can
really get frustrating, especially when we’re in close contact with those
difficult people every single day. So, what do we do? We try to
change them or expect them to change. You know, those misfits, the
troublemakers, the rebels, the crazy ones, the procrastinators, the latecomers,
etc., and then it gets even worse, because changing people cannot happen
overnight. Gandhi was saying, “Be the change we wish to see in this world, a
reminder that we have no control over other lives, so it’s preferable to just
change ourselves.
Just ignore them, you say, but what if we have close contact with this
difficult person every day
like your child, your spouse, your co-worker, or a friend? How do you deal
with them?
It’s a question that lingers, an echo of frustration and hope, to navigate the
tangled web of relationships to find a way to cope. Perhaps it starts with
understanding, recognizing the roots of their behavior; empathy can be a
powerful tool, a bridge to connect, to share the burden we bear.
Set boundaries, communicate openly, express how their actions affect your
peace, seek common ground, find shared interests, and in that space, let
tensions cease. Practice patience, for change takes time; celebrate small
victories along the way, and remember, it’s not just about them, but also
about how you choose to stay. In the end, it’s a dance of give and take, a journey
of growth for both you and them, so take a deep breath and embrace the
challenge, for in the struggle, we often find gems.
I write a poem that makes the world see, a woven thread wherein hearts can be free. I write a poem that older folks feel, echoes of wisdom, truth that is real. I write a poem that the youngsters think, a spark of imagination, a vibrant ink. I write a poem that made the world known, in verses and stanzas, our stories are sown. I write a poem that makes the world blue, a reflection of sorrow, a true glance. I write a poem that makes the older folks cry, for memories cherished and moments gone by. I write a poem that makes youngsters mourn, for dreams that have faded and hopes that are torn. I write a poem to make the world healed, with love as the balm and compassion revealed. I write a poem to make the world smile, a gentle reminder to pause for a while. I write a poem to make the older hope, a bridge to the future, a way to cope. I write a poem to mak...