I sheared my hair yesterday,
Cast the crimson poison to the wind.
Facing the glass, the mirror screams:
Man, what have you done?
Her cries in the ash-grey dark twist into song,
Man, what have you done?
Her sorrow bleeds into a scarlet smile,
Man, what have you done?
Her hunger wild beneath the amber moon,
Man, what have you done?
Her aching flesh hardens into iron-black armor,
Man, what have you done?
Each agonizing pulse, a quiet war won,
Man, what have you done?
Her scars rewritten into sacred myth.
Man, what have you done?
The pitch-dark silence begins to hum,
A siren rising, lethal and clean.
I cut my hair.
I am reborn.
Cast the crimson poison to the wind.
Facing the glass, the mirror screams:
Man, what have you done?
Her cries in the ash-grey dark twist into song,
Man, what have you done?
Her sorrow bleeds into a scarlet smile,
Man, what have you done?
Her hunger wild beneath the amber moon,
Man, what have you done?
Her aching flesh hardens into iron-black armor,
Man, what have you done?
Each agonizing pulse, a quiet war won,
Man, what have you done?
Her scars rewritten into sacred myth.
Man, what have you done?
The pitch-dark silence begins to hum,
A siren rising, lethal and clean.
I cut my hair.
I am reborn.