Skip to main content

Mama... Mom... Can You Hear Me?


The clock strikes 12 AM, yet I'm still awake,
Tired from all day's work, yet the bed doesn't call me,
Lips whisper from a dark distance.
Mama…Mom, do you hear me?

The clock strikes 2 AM yet still awake,
Tired body unwilling to cooperate,
Mind spinning in a dark space,
Mama…Mom, do you hear me?

The clock strikes 5 AM yet still awake,
Tired hands refuse to rest,
Scratching words on the pad,
Mind thinking on the dark past,
Mama…Mom, do you hear me?

The morning light begins to break,
Before I close my eyes,
I have one wish in this fading night,
To hear you say again, "That's my Girl"

 Mama, Mom, can you hear me? 
I wish I could hear your answer back.
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Poem For all Ages - MGS

I write a poem that makes the world see,    a woven thread wherein hearts can be free. I write a poem that older folks feel,    echoes of wisdom, truth that is real. I write a poem that the youngsters think,   a spark of imagination, a vibrant ink. I write a poem that made the world known,   in verses and stanzas, our stories are sown. I write a poem that makes the world blue,   a reflection of sorrow, a true glance. I write a poem that makes the older folks cry,   for memories cherished and moments gone by. I write a poem that makes youngsters mourn,   for dreams that have faded and hopes that are torn. I write a poem to make the world healed,   with love as the balm and compassion revealed. I write a poem to make the world smile,    a gentle reminder to pause for a while. I write a poem to make the older hope,   a bridge to the future, a way to cope. I write a poem to mak...

The Author's Unspoken Words (Manifesting Gratitude for Provided Lunch )

  Why We Need to Stop Wasting Our School Lunch Recently, a teacher raised a frustrating concern: students are throwing away the school-provided lunches. It’s a tough conversation, but it is one we need to have. A Privilege, Not a Right The lunch provided by the PSS (Public School System) is a privilege. Many communities and organizations do not have the resources to offer free daily meals, and we are fortunate to have this support. Being thankful for what we receive creates a better school environment and shows appreciation for the staff who work hard to feed us every day. Don't Waste It—Share It If you don't want to eat your meal, please do not throw it in the trash. Give it to a classmate who wants it. Consistently discarding food creates negative feedback that could jeopardize the entire lunch program. If we want this program to survive, we need to adapt. That means being willing to eat fruits and vegetables, rather than just sticking to the usual foods we prefer. Th...

Plate Of Plenty

 If you don't feel like eating, think of them! This photo has so much pain. 😒 Food is life, but brain fog for an ungrateful heart.  If you don't like what's on your plate,  Don’t toss it aside, don’t seal its fate. Each morsel holds a story, a journey begun,  A gift from the earth, a battle won.  Imagine a morning when the table is bare,  What will you do when hunger calls loud, No bread, no fruit, just an empty stare.  The abundant meals and the warmth of a feast, All vanish in silence and hunger unleashed.  When a pantry is empty, and your stomach aches?. Don't dare to wish! So, before you discard what you do not desire,  Think of the hands that toiled, the hearts that inspire. Each bite is a blessing, a chance to reflect,  On those who have little, on lives we protect.  So, savor the flavors, let gratitude flow,  For the food on your table, let appreciation grow.  For one day you may wake, and the shelves may be bare, ...