I think there is something wrong with the way my heart
understands kindness.
I get attached too easily.
Not because someone did something extraordinary, but because they were simply kind to me.
Someone asks if I have eaten, and I remember it for days.
Someone listens to me, and I start thinking that maybe they care.
Someone checks on me, and suddenly, I begin to look forward to their messages.
It is strange how the smallest things can mean so much to someone like me.
A simple “take care” becomes something I hold onto.
A short conversation becomes a memory.
A little attention becomes something I secretly hope will happen again.
And sometimes, I hate myself for it.
Maybe, because they being nice.
Maybe they treat everyone that way.
Maybe their kindness had no hidden meaning.
Maybe I was the only one who gave it a meaning it never had.
But I have always been like this.
I take ordinary moments and keep them somewhere deep inside me. I remember the way someone spoke to me, the little things they notice the times they made me feel seen.
Then, without realizing it, I become attached.
Not to who they promised to be, but to how they made me feel.
And that is where it hurts.
While I am quietly building a connection in my head, they might simply be living their life.
They never asked me to stay.
They never asked me to wait.
They never promised that their kindness meant something more.
Yet somehow, I still find myself hoping.
Maybe I am just too eager to find something genuine in people. Maybe I have been longing for connection for so long that even the smallest act of kindness feels like a sign that I have finally found someone who understands me.
I wish I could learn to accept kindness without attaching a story to it.
I wish I could stop turning “How are you?” into “You care about me.”
Sometimes, kindness is just kindness.
And sometimes, a person can make you feel special without wanting to be a part of your life.
Maybe that is the quiet curse of getting easily get attached, you create a home in places where you were only meant to visit.
I get attached too easily.
Not because someone did something extraordinary, but because they were simply kind to me.
Someone asks if I have eaten, and I remember it for days.
Someone listens to me, and I start thinking that maybe they care.
Someone checks on me, and suddenly, I begin to look forward to their messages.
It is strange how the smallest things can mean so much to someone like me.
A simple “take care” becomes something I hold onto.
A short conversation becomes a memory.
A little attention becomes something I secretly hope will happen again.
And sometimes, I hate myself for it.
Maybe, because they being nice.
Maybe they treat everyone that way.
Maybe their kindness had no hidden meaning.
Maybe I was the only one who gave it a meaning it never had.
But I have always been like this.
I take ordinary moments and keep them somewhere deep inside me. I remember the way someone spoke to me, the little things they notice the times they made me feel seen.
Then, without realizing it, I become attached.
Not to who they promised to be, but to how they made me feel.
And that is where it hurts.
While I am quietly building a connection in my head, they might simply be living their life.
They never asked me to stay.
They never asked me to wait.
They never promised that their kindness meant something more.
Yet somehow, I still find myself hoping.
Maybe I am just too eager to find something genuine in people. Maybe I have been longing for connection for so long that even the smallest act of kindness feels like a sign that I have finally found someone who understands me.
I wish I could learn to accept kindness without attaching a story to it.
I wish I could stop turning “How are you?” into “You care about me.”
Sometimes, kindness is just kindness.
And sometimes, a person can make you feel special without wanting to be a part of your life.
Maybe that is the quiet curse of getting easily get attached, you create a home in places where you were only meant to visit.