Upon waking, a flicker of hope starts to rise,
That success will greet me beneath distant skies.
I pray that this heavy exhaustion will fade,
Replaced by the endless, calm rest I have made,
When I reach the end where my true reward lies.
My mind is so weary from worries and fears,
As I think of you all through the passing of years.
I only wish happiness guides where you tread,
On the paths that you walk and the journeys ahead,
To see you all smiling and wiping your tears.
My heart is exhausted from making a space,
To value and love you with selfless embrace.
My body is broken from toil every day,
To serve you and help you along on your way,
Running this demanding and tireless race.
Yet morning returns with a love just as deep,
Transforming this ache that my soul has to keep.
I find in my fatigue a power reborn,
To see you succeed on a bright future morn,
My body may fade, but my memory won’t sleep.